2012年5月30日星期三

Tyler Shields to donate $100,000 after destroying Birkin bag

"The Birkin photos are for sale. If somebody were to buy - all right, let's do this - if somebody wants to buy one of the Birkin photos, I will donate $100,000 - not to a charity - but to a family. I will give one family in need $100,000 cash, tax-free," he said to Artinfo.

The photoshoot is part of Shields's "destruction series", for which he has already sawed a pair of Christian Louboutin shoes in half.

Shields said that he is not sure which family will receive the donation.

"I'll have to figure it out. I just came up with that right now, so I'm not fully prepared on that," he added. "I would select somebody who... my father had a stroke when I was 15, and it became very difficult financially for the family, so I think I would do that.

"I think I would find a family that someone had a stroke or some type of ailment. I think that if somebody had done that for us when that happened to me, it would have been like a miracle. So, I'll find somebody who that just happened to and I will help them out."

Since the Birkin bag photoshoot went public, Francesca has received online death threats on social networking sites Twitter and Facebook from those angered by the images.

"I got death threats when we did the Heather Morris thing and the Mischa Barton thing," Shields said. "Obviously you have to assume that any threat could be real, but it's more just people displaying their anger and emotion on the internet.

"It's not like people are around the house trying to start fights. It's just people upset on the internet. Obviously you have to take certain precautions. I think it's just fine, but people are upset."

Watch a video of Tyler Eastwood and Francesca Eastwood working on a photoshoot together below:

The June 4 diamond jubilee concert organized by Gary Barlow is headlined by pop knights such as Paul McCartney, Elton John and Cliff Richard; veterans such as Stevie Wonder and Dame Shirley Bassey; Robbie Williams, Kylie Minogue and Ed Sheeran.

Expect mass karaoke to songs such as “Hey Jude” and “Angels.”

The show in front of Buckingham Palace will be watched by 20,000 fans, with tickets already allocated by a public ballot. Those with invites also can join a Jubilee picnic in Buckingham Palace Gardens before the evening event.

About 500,000 more people will watch via screens in The Mall, Green Park and St. James’s Park. The show will also be broadcast live by the BBC.
Tuesday

A thanksgiving service at St. Paul’s Cathedral will be followed by a carriage procession to Buckingham Palace.

Crowds along the route will see brass bands, marching soldiers and of course the Royal Family. There will be a Royal Air Force flypast over The Mall at 3:30 p.m.

If you’d like to get out of town, chef Heston Blumenthal’s Hinds Head pub in the village of Bray is recreating a jubilee- style menu first served on April 23, 1963. On that day, the queen hosted a luncheon in the private room, where the guests included the king of Norway and the queens of Denmark and Sweden.

没有评论:

发表评论