2012年3月30日星期五

Member Spotlight: vanessanataly

Tell us your name, age, profession and what you typically wear every day
My name is Vanessa Villa, and I’m 19 years old. I am a full-time musician, student and avid Polyvore user. I was raised in a large family; 5 girls and 1 boy, and style has been the only way to express my individuality. Since my sisters and I look so much alike, it’s sometimes hard to tell the difference between us. Occasionally, my mom and dad will call me by a different name.  Since my siblings and I are recording our first professional album, a typical day for me would be at the studio, which means I dress in really comfortable clothing. Usually it's workout clothing and sneakers; ironic really, since I love to dress up. 
Where do you live, and what trends are big there?
I live in a small town called Apple Valley, located in Southern California. I really wouldn’t know what to say as far as popular trends, simply because I rarely ever go out in Apple Valley. I’m usually travelling with the band or in the studio.

What is your favorite brand/designer? What do like about that brand?
Oh goodness. This is by far the hardest question I have ever had to answer. When it comes down to brands, I have too many to list. But I’ll narrow it down a bit. My favorite shoe designers at the moment are Christian Louboutin and Charlotte Olympia. I love Christian Louboutin’s wide range of shoes, and I don’t think I’ve ever met a pair of his shoes that I didn’t love, including all his sneakers, heels and flats. As for Charlotte Olympia, her heels are killer. As far as bags are concerned, I am really just a big fan of all the classic pieces. My favorite clothing designers are Victoria Beckham, Marc Jacobs, Valentino and Dolce and Gabbana; simply because I would wear everything in their collections.
Which celebrity has great style?

Victoria Beckham and Kate Middleton are my personal favorites.
What are your personal aspirations/goals?
For now, I would love to graduate from college and maybe attend law school in the future. That is, if I don’t major in English and become a fashion writer. ;) But priorities come first, and right now, music is my main priority. Since everything seems to be going well, I plan to focus fully on the band.

How has Polyvore affected your life?
Well, the truth is, Polyvore plays a major role in my life. And I say that sincerely. I started writing a bucket list a few years ago, and I have several Polyvore items listed. Including being interviewed by Polyvore and having a top set in Polyvore. Polyvore has really influenced my passion for fashion and made me really open-minded. It helped expose creativity inside of me which I didn’t know existed. 
Describe your personal sense of style.
Well, since I am short, 5’2” to be exact, I’ve always had to find clothes that flatter my body, rather than wear what I want. So I often opt for dresses, since they’re easier to wear. I don’t have a specific sense of style; I’ll wear just about any kind of style. From edgy to classic pieces.

没有评论:

发表评论